If you are unable to come into a pharmacy for any reason, your local Guardian pharmacy may be able to deliver your medication to you.
For your safety and that of our pharmacy delivery team, if there are any concerns that you may have a contagious infection such as COVID-19, please advise us in advance so we can provide contactless delivery.
Downloading the MedAdvisor app is the easiest way to manage your prescriptions and arrange home delivery. If you don’t already have the app this can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
If you have activated the app instore and the pharmacy has your prescriptions you can request home delivery following these steps:
- Step 1: Log in to the MedAdvisor app
- Step 2: Place your order by selecting from your prescription medication list
- Step 3: Choose either pick up or delivery
- Step 4: Pay via the pay in advance function or over the phone with the pharmacy
- Step 5: Your pharmacy will be in contact with you to confirm details of your delivery and payment
If the pharmacy does not have your prescriptions on file, you can still order your prescriptions to be delivered to your home.
- Step 1: Log in/ Register to the MedAdvisor App. If you don’t have an activation code you can still proceed to place an order.
- Step 2: Upload an image of your prescription* by selecting ‘Snap-n-Send’ and follow the steps.
- Step 3: Choose either pick up or delivery.
- Step 4: Pay via the pay in advance function or over the phone with the pharmacy.
- Step 5: Your pharmacy be in contact you to confirm details of your delivery and payment.
*Please Note: the pharmacy will require the physical copy of your prescription. This must be taken in to the pharmacy within 15 days of placing your order or speak to your pharmacist about their preferred method for obtaining your physical copy of your prescription.
Alternatively you can call your local Guardian Pharmacy to order your prescriptions for Home Delivery, to find out if your local Guardian pharmacy home delivers, click here.
If your local pharmacy has your loved one’s prescriptions on file, you can follow the same process as above.
To limit the amount of social interaction during this time, our delivery drivers will not be accepting cash as payment. You can either pay in advance through the Guardian App or arrange payment over the phone with your local Guardian pharmacy.
Free delivery* is eligible to the below customers who hold a Medicare Card and place an order which includes one PBS/RPBS prescription item
- Have been advised by a healthcare provider to isolate at home
- Have suspected COVID-19 infection
- Are aged 70 years or older
- Have a chronic health condition or are immunocompromised
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and are aged over 50 years
- Who are pregnant, or have recently given birth
For all other customers, there may be a delivery fee. Depending on your location and your local pharmacy’s staffing arrangements, there is a varied fee per pharmacy to deliver. You will be advised of the delivery fee prior to payment
*Limit to one free delivery per month
Please click here. for a list of pharmacies that are participating in delivery
Deliveries cannot be tracked, however in some cases you may receive a text message prior to your delivery arriving
Currently, pharmacies generally deliver once or twice a day. Please note some pharmacies may not deliver on the weekend. Please contact your local pharmacy to find out more.
Contactless delivery is available and a preferred option. Our pharmacists are able to sign your prescription on your behalf, provided we have verbal acknowledgement of receipt of delivery. A signature for delivery can also be done on your behalf by our delivery driver with your permission. They may also request to take a photograph of the package delivered at your door as additional proof of delivery.
Please advise your local Guardian Pharmacy in advance so we can provide contactless delivery.
Depending on what is ordered and if you have provided consent, your delivery may be left in a safe place. However, to ensure your safety, the stability of the medication and your privacy, some deliveries are unable to be left unattended.
Yes, if you have provided consent in advance.
Yes, if the pharmacy has the requested stock in store. However, due to increased customer demand, we are experiencing some stock shortages. We are working closely with our supplier partners to replenish stock as soon as it is made available.
For an order made directly with your local pharmacy, whether that be through the app or over the phone, please contact them directly for an update.